7.16.2009

The Perfect Storm

Sailing is probably the sweetest thing I've done all summer! Kelli knew this guy (Seth) who owns a sail boat, and he takes some friends to go sailing pretty often. So we went to Bear Lake and went sailing with him! Good times. Here are some pictures of our adventure...

The weather was absolutely perfect. The perfect amount of wind
to keep us moving, and the sun wasn't too hot, seriously it was perfect.

Ohh, just Kelli and I. I'm not quite sure what she was doing though
LOL!


That's better.


Just relaxing. I love this picture. Kelli also operating the boat.
She was quite the captain!

Too funny! I think Steph took this picture, and we voted that
this totally reminds us of a post card. Caption: "Doing fine without you."
Haha, that's Jake by the way- He did most of the sailing.

Seth taking over- being awkward. Love it.


Two of my AWESOME roommates, love these girls.


Steph and I bundled up, it kinda got a little breezy


Titanic Reenactment. Nice one Kelli!
*
**
***
****
*****
Okay, So right after we're all bundled up and it starts to get a little cold, we look at the sky and it appears that a storm is coming up! Seriously it came out of nowhere! The wind picked up, and the sail boat was tipping hardcore! The guys put the sails down, and at this point we're just moving with the help of a motor. Not very fast at all, and the storm is definitely beating us.

Here's what the clouds started to look like.
Here's some lightning. Still 20 minutes away from the marina.
So scary!
I seriously have never thought I was going to die until then. Luckily we did make it home safely, thanks to the guys who didn't choke under pressure. But the boat was rocking, tipping, and I was so scared of that lightning. It was seriously what you see in movies, and hope never happens to you!
* There is a moral to this story though--- Don't go boating on a Sunday! I will NEVER ever ever ever do that again. Needless to say I repented as soon as I got home..

4 comments:

Miss Meliss said...

LOVE this story.
it does kindof make me wonder what happens to the food when i (occasionally) go out to eat on sundays..eek!

Allie said...

oh laurel....
:]

Leah said...

That did sound like the perfect storm... scary! Looked beautiful before though. Crazy how fast it all can change. Geez Laurel, a Sunday? I am surprised you would do that! LOL cute pics!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Gasp! A Sunday?! I won't tell mom, that you've turned into the wild child ;) Glad you guys made it back safe! Crazy how quick the weather can change! And who are all these fresh, young guys you're hanging out with? Eh eh?? ;)