9.24.2009

Called To Serve

So I have a friend. She is not a member. She is dating an RM. I took her to FHE and other church functions. And I've always wanted to have a 'missionary moment' with her.

There's a line in my Patriarchal Blessing that reads, "You will have occasion to speak among your friends about the gospel. Be not afraid to speak to them and show by your actions the love you have of this gospel." Coincidence??

On Monday the missionaries came over to my apartment to ask how I was spreading the word and sharing the gospel. I mentioned my friend, and they had talked to TWO people before me who had also mentioned her name. Coincidence??

I ran into another set of missionaries at FHE that same day who asked me the same question. "How are you sharing the gospel?" I told them that I had planned on talking to my friend, and they pull out the scripture in Enos. Basically where Enos was in the wilderness and he remembered the words which his father had spake of concerning Eternal Life and other things. His soul hungered and he wanted to know more. (Something like that, at least.) So the missionaries encouraged me to bear my testimony to my friend, because her soul might hunger for more. I was reading my scriptures that night and ironically I left off right at the book of Enos. So I re-read it. Coincidence??

Today I went with my roommate to her Institute class because I wanted to see what her class was like. We talked about bringing other sheep to the fold. To be good examples, to help those who have lost their way, and to share the truth with others who may not know yet. Coincidence??

I think not.
ahh, I have this super over-whelming feeling inside, and I'm feeling really good about this. I was called to serve. :]

1 comment:

Leah said...

Very special Laurel. None of those sound like coincidences, those experiences are definitely telling you something! I've always thought that you would be a good sister missionary, you should think about it if and when the time comes! (I know you'd prob rather be married, but marriage can wait til after, right?!)