Cheesy title.. let's not talk about it.
I've got a few things I'd like to blog about tonight.
-The Office, Season 6 premieres in 7 days! This is going to make life a whole lot easier.
-I absolutely love my new roommates. Especially my roommate that I share a room with. Her name is Emily Kofford, and she's amazing. She's such a good example, always reading her scriptures at night and writing in her journal. I've never been so diligent in reading scriptures until I roomed with her. I feel like if you're rooming with someone who does that, it rubs off onto you. Something like that. Anyway, I know this will be a good year with her. She also has the worlds most beautiful voice. She sings and plays the guitar, writes her own music, and is amazing. The first night I met her she sang and played the Hallelujah song. From that moment I knew I would get along with Emily. I have to beg her to play for me, because she's so good!
-I am starting to get a hang of college. Although, I'm not doing so well in math like I thought I would. My teacher kind of sucks, which is the world's biggest understatement, and he's not very easy to get a hold of after class to help me. So if anyone knows of a tutor, let me know! (Preferably one that is male, and cute, and single). :]]
-I was kind of bugged by my connections class today. Let me explain.. So we had this guest speaker come, and she was joking around with us before her presentation or whatever, and we asked her what she was speaking on, and she said, "Oh just some gay stuff!" We all laughed because we didn't think that she meant that literally. Wrong. She basically talked about the organization she's apart of. GLTBA or something like that. Gays, Lesbians, Transgender, Bisexual, and I forgot what the A meant. I was thinking, okay.. yeah I know we have to learn about diversity and what not, and be aware of these kinds of things.. but she was PROMOTING it! She talked about how wonderful her organization is, and that we need to all go in and hang out there because apparently it's the best place on campus. There motto was, "You don't have to COME OUT to come in." I don't know, I'm not bashing on gays or whatever, that's their decision, but I was super annoyed that homegirl was promoting homosexuality. Seriously, what is the world coming to?
-I went to a bonfire last weekend, and it was super fun! (I almost sounded like a valley girl in that sentence.. eeeeh.) But I went with my roommates and some other friends. Good times. The cops came to make sure we weren't drinking illegally. We weren't, in case you were wondering. They stayed a little while to play Destructive Ninja. The coolest cops I've ever had an encounter with!
-Last weekend, since my budget is little to nothing, my roommate Emily offered to take me to Bounteful with her. That's where she's from. And since I didn't want to be home alone, with everyone gone for Labor Day Weekend, I accepted. What a nice family! They were so welcoming and hospitable.
-Homecoming is coming up! And it's not formal this year.. Weird.. I know. BUT they are doing a 'Dress as your favorite decade' theme! SWEEET! This is like the 80's dance, only better cause you have more options! I'm thinking like the 40's or 30's. Like the Great Depression era. Or the Notebook type of look. Hopefully I can find a 'Noah' who's at good looking as Ryan Gossling! Yeee! aannnndddd it's also True Aggie Night. The only day where you can get away with kissing multiple guys within the same hour! Well.. I guess you could get away with it some other night, if you wanted to be classified as a.. never mind. ;)
-This last update is a little frustrating. But all the guys in my Apt Complex are 17-18!! Seriously I'm like the oldest, and I'm not used to that! The bishop told us that there was ONE room where there were guys that were like 21-23. Just ONE. So I hear the same thing every time I meet some new guys, "I'm 18." Siiigh. Oh well, I have connections with good-looking RM's. No big.
Sorry this is kinda long. I need to start updating everyday! It's an adventure here- all day, every day.
More to Come!
-Design on a Dime (how we fixed up our Apt)
-Bonfire pictures
-Emily's new song about our lovely green carpet (classic!)
-and all of my new goals for this year!
Stay Tuned.
2 comments:
Sucks the guys are all that young! Dang, if you start to like one of them (even if they are younger) they will be leaving on missions soon! Stick with the RM's ;)
Yeah, I'm with Leah, stick with the RM's....then you don't have to wait for a missionary. Plus, guys never really mature, but the older ones are a heck of a lot more mature than the 18 year olds!
Sounds like you are living it up in college! And I hope you took advantage of "True Aggie" night! Anything you would like to share regarding that?? eh eh???
Post a Comment