1.15.2010

One fine day(s)

So, my new semester has started and it's the bomb. Seriously, I love all of my classes, and I feel I'll do very well this time around. I'll keep you posted more about what goes on in my classes, but this blog is dedicated to the sweetest day(s) I've had in a long time. Here goes..

Monday:
Started school. I am enrolled in a Country Swing dance class.. it's so fun, complete with LOTS of attractive men. Good thing too- you get to dance with every single one of them. Yes, please! My roommates and I went out to eat lunch at Beehive Grill, found out that they sell gourmet burgers for $2.50, complete with tons of fries. Yes, please! And there was an Aggie basketball game in which we dominated BYU-Hawaii.. Pretty good day over-all.

Tuesday:
The greatest day of all. Went to my classes, enjoyed them all, and while I was walking home, I was stopped by a really attractive guy who just wanted to talk. Nobody does that anymore! Also, another cute guy asked for my number.. Made my day. Later on, we went to Taco Bell. Don't worry they messed up somehow and gave me a free burrito along with my regular meal, so I had a free dinner. American Idol started up.. need I say more? The secretary of my ward called and asked if I could meet with this bishop, so needless to say, I am the new Visiting Teacher Coordinator! I was SOO happy! I've been waiting for a calling since I moved to Logan 10 months ago! I finally got my church calling, and I know I'm going to love it, and be blessed because of it. Lastly, $2 tanning.. always a good day.

Wednesday:
I learned how to Country Swing dance, and I'm not too bad! It was actually really fun. My roommate Elicia made Chicken Alfredo for dinner and invited a cute boy over.. that's always nice. And the dinner was AMAZING.. Shot out to Elicia for fixing dinner! At the Kent concert Hall on campus, the Institute put on the Joseph Smith movie. I was so excited to go, I love the movie, and bawl every time without fail. I asked this cute returned missionary if he wanted to go, so we met up with him. It was nice to catch up.

Thursday:
I went over to my grandparents house to watch the Jazz game. My sweet grandma made me some dinner and sent me home with a bag of potatoes. My favorite thing in the world! Grandma, if you're reading this, I really appreciate all that you and Grandpa do for me! You're the greatest grandparents in the world! To top it all off- The Jazz won!! If you guys didn't watch the game.. you missed out for sure!! A rookie made a 3-pointer at the buzzer, and swished it! I cried a little bit. Sleeping after that shot was almost impossible. I'm still on a high. Go Jazz!!!

So far this week has been complete with cute boys, blessings, and victories! I sure hope today, tomorrow, and sunday will be good too. That would make this week legit, no doubt.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

No dOUBT

Mark and Lachelle said...

$2 tanning?! Sign me up!! I dig it! Giving your number out to cute boys, I dig it! Awesome classes this semester, I dig it! That Jazz game....AMAZING! I dug it! Hope the rest of your week is awesome!

Leah said...

Bless your heart Laurel... I probably wouldn't be so excited to be VT coordinator! Haha, Blessings for sure! And that Jazz game was so sweet!!!!! Go Jazz (unless they play Phoenix!)

Whit K said...

You're so cute...love reading about your college life!