2.17.2010

Payday.. double time

So, about two weeks ago I was anxiously awaiting for my paycheck to arrive in the mail. Since I'm literally living paycheck to paycheck, I really needed this check to pay rent.. which was due.. that day. Never came. So I called my boss, and she brought me a check at our work meeting (which, by the way, are pointless... is it really necessary to have meetings just to talk about old men who can't control their bladder anymore? really though..)
Anyway, the check was her own pocket money. She said she'd void the other check that she supposedly had sent in the mail, that I never got. Cool. That's fine, I just want my money.

So yesterday, I got my paycheck. I cashed it. And I went grocery shopping.

Today, I get another letter in the mail from my boss.. it's ANOTHER paycheck. I just barely got one yesterday! Too good to be true. So I look more closely at it, and the check that I cashed yesterday just so happens to be the mysterious check that took two weeks to get here.. the one I was already payed for.. oops..

I call my boss, leave a message explaining the situation. I'll probably hear from her tomorrow.

But wouldn't that be awesome if she just said, "Laurel thank you so much for your honesty, I know I already paid you for that check that was missing, but why don't you just keep both of those checks. You've been such a great employee, and clearly Evan loves you. Keep up the good work, and sorry for screwing you over so many times.."

Ahh, only in an ideal world.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Oh man, only in our dreams! Too bad you are so honest! JK