8.10.2010

Bringin Home the Bacon

I was dreading the whole job search thing again. When I got home from Oklahoma, I was planning on going down to Logan to look for a job, because without one I wouldn't be able to move down there for school. Well, this morning I decided to look around on the Internet for some jobs before I headed down. I saw a a job listed on Craigslist for a part-time nanny. I typed up a quick email stating that I was interested, and I got a reply shortly after.

Well, I got that job!

Duties include:
  • Household chores
  • Running errands
  • Caring for a 3 year old boy

Hours/Compensation:

  • 2-6pm Monday-Friday, 20 hours
  • $300/week

Yep. You read it, I'm getting paid $15 an hour to play with one little boy! They're from London, and he's being re-located for his job to Logan, Utah. He said as soon as I agree to the position he'll have his financial advisor forward a check for $300 through express delivery, so I get paid immediately. They don't arrive in Utah until August 29th, which is perfect because I don't move until the 25th.

How sweet is that?! I didn't even have to stress about driving to Logan applying for every job available, crossing my fingers hoping I get one. Just a short email did the trick! Answered prayers? I'd say so!

2 comments:

Bloomability said...

Laurel!! I'm so excited for you. You're gonna be rollin in the dough this year. Nice work!! Call me when you move down so we can play, and I'm a little bit in love with your blog layout. SO SO cute!!

Leah said...

That's crazy! They hired you without even meeting you?!! I thought you went down to Logan and they hired you then. I would definitely say an answer to prayers! And the compensation is quite nice! Good job sis!