8.29.2010

I Smell Aggies!

Yes; I am back in Logan, in case you were all wondering- and lovin' every minute of it!

One of my goals this year was to be more outgoing and meet lots of people. Well, I'd say that I did a very good job today in living up to that goal.

I went to a fireside up on campus.. I didn't know my roommates had left already, so I just walked up by myself. (which turned out to be a better situation anyway.. forces you to talk to people other than your roommates or whoever you're with.)

Well, along comes a boy. Tall, blonde, blue eyes, BOW TIE.. just to give you a visual. We talk. He's new. We sit together at the fireside. He's funny. Probably nothing more than just friends. But it was nice to meet someone new.

Walking home. Frat boy harassing passersby yelling out tv or movie quotes, asking us to guess what it's from. He's ignored. I play his game. He's impressed that I knew the answers. We start talking. He's average height, has darker hair, with a 5 O' clock shadow. Asks me how church was. I tell him it was a fireside, and that it was great except I didn't understand the new ward boundaries that they had rearranged. He says he stopped going to church because he didn't understand it. I share a few words about how awesome the Gospel is, and that he should go back. He doesn't know what to say. I smile. We shake hands. I started walking home.

Five steps later, two unfamiliar boys are waiting for me. One with a shaved head, tall, medium built. The other; light brown hair, nice smile, very attractive. They say, "Did you just go up to him and tell him he should go back to church?!" (Our fireside was about bringing the inactive back into the church, and befriending them, etc. So they were pretty impressed that five minutes after the fireside ended, I was already befriending the inactive.) I tell them that we just got talking, and the words just came out of my mouth, pretty naturally I might add. We get talking. Find out the attractive one is from IONA. He went to my rivalry high school. His apartment is to the right. He says, "We're in apartment 12. Now you have no excuse not to come and see us." I'm flattered. I promised I'll make it over sometime. And I walk home.

So.. to sum this all up:
1. I met 4 new people within two hours. All of which were men. Two of which were very good looking.
2. I shared my love for the Gospel with someone who might have needed it.

3. I was a lot more confident when talking to people than I ever have been.
and 4. I think I will be walking alone from now on. I guess I'm more approachable that way.

Pretty successful Sunday, I'd say.
Also, I was catching up on Conference Talks today, and came across one that I really needed to hear. (or read, in this case.) It's from the most recent Priesthood Session called, "Continue in Patience" By Pres. Uchtdorf <--- Truly amazing. It's days like these where my heart just swells with gratitude and love for the Savior and this Gospel. The Church is TRUE. amen.

1 comment:

Mark and Lachelle said...

Amen! Gotta love meeting new, cute boys!! (especially if they live so close to ya.) Just don't walk home alone too often. There are still creepers out there!