12.16.2010

Everything's Bigger in Texas

I don't know why I have any followers.. I'm so boring! I haven't posted in the longest time, and I've had some incredible things to blog about too.
First things first: I got my mission call! I'm assigned to labor in the Texas Houston South Mission, Spanish speaking! I'm so stoked for three reasons-
  1. I really wanted to go somewhere warm, I'm already sick of the snow and it's only Mid-December! Houston is really humid though, but I'll take humid summers while I'm soaking up the rays.. in the winter. :)

  2. I really wanted to stay in the states. Although going foreign would be a neat experience, how am I suppose to get packages all the time from my parents?!! Seriously, it wouldn't happen.

  3. I didn't want to go foreign so much, but I really wanted to learn Spanish. And since Houston is 1/3 Hispanic, it makes sense that I need to learn Spanish.

But in all seriousness, I know that Houston is exactly where I need to go. I leave March 2nd, and I'm just getting so anxious to leave! I already feel a love for the people and the place, and I've never even been there before! It's the craziest feeling.

I was going to post a video of me opening my mission call, since I don't have any pictures to show for it.. but it's taking forever. I give up on uploading vids.

3 comments:

Miss Meliss said...

Oh goodness, I am still so excited for you! AHHHHH!

Jamie said...

I am SO excited for you! I love hearing where people are going, it's such a cool thing. I have started mission papers and I still need to do the doctor and dental stuff and then I can turn them in! I can't wait! I'm jealous you're called spanish speaking. :]

Leah said...

Awesome Laurel!! You will be an amazing missionary. I couldn't have picked a better place for you!