11.03.2011

day three.

[I've thought all day about things that I'm thankful for, and I came up with this.]

Today, I am thankful for honest people.
short story- for lunch I went to KFC and gave the lady my debit card to pay for my food. A minute later she hands me my bag and drink and I drive off. I go back to work and something doesn't feel right. Not sure why, I opened my wallet to find out that my debit card isn't in there! I thought about where I put it when the lady gave it back to me, and I realized I drove off before she had the chance. (I'm an idiot.) So I drive back, hoping that after a few hours my card is still there. I go through the drive thru and say "I was here a few hours ago, and pretty sure I drove off without getting my debit card" the lady responds, "You sure did! I tried to catch you, but I wasn't fast enough. I kept it safe for you, though!" So I got it back and with no added charges, thankfully.

And now something not so honest:
"DAD! You're ugly!"
"Oh, good for you. Now your gonna probably gonna have a belly ache...that's why you shouldn't eat so much candy."
"Gasp! You sneaky mom!"

Classic!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Oh my gosh that is SO funny!! Laughed my head off... I hid our Halloween candy and Jace asked where it was I told him I threw it away...needless to say he was pissed and had some choice words for me!! Those last two little boys were so stinkin' cute!! Loved it!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Ok, I was laughing so hard at those last two boys!! "Mom, what the heck?!"
Funny thing is, I actually DID eat all of Camden's candy. Good thing he didn't even notice! Hahahaha!