12.05.2012

then & now

Holy flashback! I don't even know how I stumbled upon old music that I listened to in Jr. High, but I did. I was browsing YouTube for some jams that would get my creative juices flowing so I could start blogging again. (I hate that I always make promises that I'll be better at blogging, and then a month goes by.. and another.. and another....) It's not that I don't have an exciting life, 'cause for the first time in my life I really do! I have a lot to say, it's just trying to figure out how to say it-- which is why I could never be a writer, it'd take me decades to finish a book. 
I had quite the day today, though. I caught myself thinking about my past; where I was, where I worked, what I was doing, where I was going, etc. And I connected it to my life right now. Essentially how the events from my past have shaped and molded me into who I am today. How insightful of me, right?!
But really, that saying that we all love to hear, "everything happens for a reason", is so true. I could be bitter about a lot of things from my past where situations didn't really play out as I had planned or hoped; but I'm not, because every thing that has happened brought me to where I am today. And I'm in a really good place, in case you were wondering.
Patience and faith in the Lord's timing is key. Easier said than done, but I have a solid testimony that "some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come." - Elder Holland
All of my previous trials have turned out to be a huge blessing. I'm so grateful for where I'm at and how I got here. And sorry for the fast and testimony meeting ramble.. 
Anyway, not sure where I was going with this post, just wanted to say that I am so content right now.
 Feels good that I've finally found my niche in this world. Feels good to have so many close friends who have helped me out more than they will ever know. Feels good to drive around in December with my window rolled down, and no snow on the ground. Feels good to have a job that I LOVE. Feels good to be noticed and appreciated. Feels good to date again. Feels good to get the butterflies every time he texts me, and especially if it's to say, "I think I like you." Feels good to be loved. Feels good to be close to the Lord and receptive to promptings. I just feel good, there's no other way to say it. So blessed and so overwhelmed with gladness.  
This girl is on top of the world.

p.s. here's that jr. high school playlist aforementioned:
-Senses Fail "Bloody Romance" 
-Suguarcult "Pretty Girl"
-Something Corporate "Hurricane" 
-Motion City Soundtrack "Favorite Accident"
-Unwritten Law "Seein Red"
-The Used "The Taste of Ink" "Blue and Yellow"
-Good Charlotte "The Anthem" (hahahaha) "Girls Don't Like Boys"
-Armor for Sleep "Dream to Make Believe" 
-Dashboard Confessional "The Best Deceptions"
-Early November "All We Ever Needed" "Ever So Sweet" 


No comments: