2.05.2009

I need to vent.. so I'll blog!

Oh wow. Ask me how crappy my day was today!
"Laurel, how crappy was your day today??"
"SO INCREDIBLY CRAPPY!!"
So, I'm on my way to work, I even left the house 30 minutes early! I was going to be on time, and it was going to be a good day, wrong.
I left early, and just my luck I was stuck behind THE LONGEST train known to man. I swear there were at least 300 box cars connected to that train. So I waited at the stoplight for 25 minutes!! I barely got it to work at 10 on the dot.. but then i still have to sign into my computer, and that takes another 10 minutes or so. So I'm able to clock in on time at least, but then I see this note on my desk...
Laurel, come see me at my desk when you get in.
Oookay. Great. My supervisor wants to talk to me.. awesome.
I go over there, and he's trying to be calm about the whole situation, while I'm freaking out, thinking I'm going to get fired or something. He never leaves me notes on my desk to come and see him..
He tells me that I didn't do my job efficiently, and that because of my lack of work, it cost a customer another backup order.
I'm sick.
He then goes on to tell me what I needed to do in order for this 'delayed payment' to go through. In my mind, I could've sworn I did all of those things. He sends me back to my desk, and I feel terrible.
I had another training class later on that day, so I asked my trainer if I did everything that I could do. He researched it, and told me I did EVERYTHING RIGHT!! The lady that is suppose to take care of delayed payments and process them just didn't. She e-mailed my supervisor and told him that I need to contact the customer and make things right with her, and apologize. Sorry lady, I did my part. YOU didn't do your part.
I was blamed completely for something I had no control over. And I could've been fired! My trainer talked to my supervisor and kinda chewed him out. When I got done with training, I went back to work and my supervisor wouldn't even look at me. I'm still so frustrated, but now my concience is clear knowing that I did all that I could.
People need to stop under-estimating the newbies. I knew what I was doing!

Uggh the end.

4 comments:

Allie said...

Laurel! Sadddddd. Your job sounds seriously stressful and hilarious at the same time. But for real....your supervisor sounds like a real peach. bah.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you just tell you supervisor, that if he has a problem with you...take it up with Big Lew!!

Leah said...

Girl, you got job security ya know! Hello Big Lew!! Sorry that sucks I hate getting blamed for something that was NOT my fault. Glad you could vent on the ole' blog!

Layne said...

Wow, for some reason the alias "Big Lew" just hit me as hilarious and I'm still laughing. Big Lew will definitely put the "Troy" of Melaleuca's Customer Service Department in his place!