Sorry Lachelle and Leah for not blogging. (As of right now, you're my only friends on this site.) I kind of forgot I had an account. Anyway, I'll update.
So, as of November 3rd I started working at Melaleuca in the call center. Wasn't too bad once I got the hang of it, and I actually had some interesting conversations with the customers. Probably my favorite thing about that job are the people I get to talk to, most of them are old ladies and have NO idea how to place orders online, so they have to call them in. I was placing an order for this sweet old lady, bless her heart; she had a sweet tooth like a 4 year old! Anyway the conversation went as followed:
"Okay Edna*, is that going to complete your order today?" -me
"Ohh, just one minute sweetie, that English Pound Cake and Apple Crisp seem pretty good, put me down for one of each. -Edna*
"Oh, excellent! Those are my favorite smelling candles! It'll make your house smell divine!"
"Oh..? Well, I thought that those were actual cakes. I really wanted them."
"Yeah, sorry Edna*, those are just the scents for our candles.."
"Well then, that's okay. I'll do without those. I just really wanted some cake. Let me know when Melaleuca starts selling cakes, okay?"
Hahahaha, poor lady! It says right on the price list that she was looking at, that those were the scents for the candles! Sorry Edna* but I'm pretty sure Melaleuca, The "WELLNESS" Company won't be makin cakes anytime soon! But enjoy your Sol-u-Mel anyway!
*-- I can't really remember what her name was. Edna was just a good guess.
Anyway, I've got some more goodies. Stay tuned for my next super awesome conversation. Take note that BOTH of these conversations happened the exact same day. It was a really good day for me, to say the least! Ha Ha!
"How can I help you today John?" -me
"Oh, sweetie. I don't even know where to start. I've lost my job, I have no girl friend, and I'm living with my parents.."-John
"Oh John, I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully our products will cheer you right up!"
"Yeah, yeah. The products are amazing. I sell them to neighbors and all, and today I'm wanting to buy some shampoo for these cute girls working at the golf course."
"Awesome. They'll love it!"
"Laurel, do you have a boyfriend?"
(.....Oh boy, where's this conversation going?!...)
"Nope, I'm single."
"OH! Well I'll be darned!! By the way that you're talking with me, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to date you!"
"Hahaha thanks John."
"Now listen. If you want a boyfriend, go for it. Don't be too easy though, guys like a challenge."
"MMMkay.."
"You know, I got fired from my job because I went up to a black lady and told her that maybe I should hook up with her and my luck would change! Apparently that was harrassment, and they fired me. Now I'm working at a golf course part-time making minimum wage, and nobody wants to date a guy with no money!"
"Well John, you should start up a Melaleuca Business. You could make lots doing that."
"I'll keep that in mind sweetie. I just hope I can get a girl. But anyway, you go for your dreams! You go for that guy! And I'll pray for ya."
"Ok, thanks John. Now what can I get for you?!"
Ha, after 30 minutes of talking he finally hung up. It seriously took me like 2 minutes to place his order, the rest of the 28 minutes was spent listening to him gripe about his crappy life, and tips on how I can get a boyfriend. Haha, a guy that can't get a girl giving me tips, funny right? Anyway, those are just two of the many hillarious calls that I get each and every day!
I'll post more soon.
5 comments:
hahaha. laurel i love you! sounds like you have a sweeeet job.
Ok, you never told me about your friend John! That's awesome! Those are some classic lines he threw out i.e. "nobody wants to date a guy with no money." Classic! And I have always loved the Edna* story! Bless her sweet heart! What does a lady have to do to get herself some poundcake around here?
Ha ha! I told you that blogging is addicting, once you get the hang of it! It's pretty easy, you just have to dink around with stuff. Just to warn ya though, don't put too much personal information on your blog. Never put where you live, your full name, etc. There are a lot of crazies out there! That's why I made my blog private! I was having random people from Michigan, California, and Texas look at it 10 times a day! Creeepeee.
LAUREL!!!!! I am laughing so hard that tears are coming out of my eyes!! Seriously I have not laughed this hard in a long time! Who knew that your job could be so entertaining! So I loved this post so much that I would like to ask you for your permission to post this on my blog! So freakin' funny!
Haha, well I'm glad that my blog was worthy enough for a good laugh!
You have my permission to post it to your blog!
Post a Comment