Today was legitimately the sweetest day ever. Days like these get me so excited for the summer season. Anyway, I get a text from Cait (roommate) saying we should have a picnic today! I was totally game for that because it was so nice outside! Well folks, here's what was on the menu for tonight's picnic-
*Appetizer: Veggie Tray with ranch, so easy and simple, but so perfect for the occasion.
*Main Dish: Grilled Salmon with Pesto on Focacia (the store didn't have any Focacia bread, so we used French, an okay substitute.) Couscous with sun dried tomatoes, peas, and feta cheese. And a Fruit and Spinach salad with Raspberry Pomegranate Vinaigrette. (I prepared this dish)
*Dessert: Lemon Bars (I made them.. and they were delicious! Thank you Paula Deen.)
So we sat on our deck and ate this wonderful meal while blasting Bob Marley music, also perfect for the occasion. People would look up at us and be so jealous that we were eating such a perfect meal, while they were going home to fix em up some tomato soup.. We don't eat like poor college students at KK20, we eat like Kings and Queens. Jealous?
3 comments:
What the?! I found someone that watches Food Network more than I do! And I'm impressed you know how to make couscous...let alone spell it! :)
Ha! I didn't make the couscous, the twins did.. but i nailed the recipe for lemon bars! I love good food. :)
You live with twins? Is Cait a twin? Man, my mouth was watering just reading your menu. Minus the salmon, yuck! I need you to come be my personal chef! What recipe did you use for lemon bars? I made it a few months ago and I didn't think they turned out the geatest.
Post a Comment