4.19.2009

Awesome Roommates and Good Times at Burlington

I can't believe I forgot to blog about this earlier!! When I went to Salt Lake with my family for Spring Break about a month ago, we took a little stop at Burlington Coat Factory. We've basically made it tradition to go there every time we hit up SLC. Sometimes they can have really cute clothes, accessories, and shoes. Then there's times where you find nothing but weird, trashy, outdated clothing. For some reason, every time we go we hit the bad day. Instead of focusing on how ugly the clothes are, and how pissed we are that we won't go home in something cute, we focus on how to make a bad situation better. We play a game.. The rules goes as follows:

1. Each person has to pick out THE ugliest outfit. (Shirt, Pants, Jacket if needed, and shoes.)
2. Leisha has to try on the winning ugly outfit. (She likes the photo op.)
3. We take pictures of the ugly outfit.
So this years winner for the ugliest outfit was me! I definitely picked out the nastiest clothes ever. Leggings included. See pics below..

Dressing Room lady wouldn't let us bring the shoes into the dressing room. They were bright colored pumps. It had patches of animal prints on them too, I believe.





***Now allow me to blog about how awesome my roommates are***
When I told them I got the scholarship they were almost as excited as I was! These girls are so encouraging. When the other girls got accepted into their major, we all did cute things for them to congratulate them. So this is the special treatment I got, when I received my scholarship. P.S. When I got my scholarship letter, I read a little closer.. it's actually like $9,000 I received. It keeps getting better!!


I came home from a crappy day at work to see my door all decorated! How cute!
A Lisa Frank handbag, or a pinata?! BOTH. This was my favorite ever. We're going to have some fun with this baby.
They also made me a cute card, and wrote a short message. I absolutely love my roommates, they are the sweetest, and I'll definitely miss them when we all move out in 2 weeks. :(

6 comments:

Lachelle said...

Leisha's jacket looks like it belongs to the Harlem Globe Trotters! (And what's wrong with the shorts? I think they're quite cute....and the shoes sounds quite cute too. Maybe I'm just trashy). Ha ha. And what sweet roommates you have! I can't wait to see your next post about a pinata party! I'm thinking you should do it on Cinco De Mayo! Areeba!

Leah said...

Arriba INDEAD!! You do have fun roommates. What are you gonna do when you all move out... go back home? Maybe you could come out here instead of Leisha?? (she would be pissed) But she can't even come out here until June 10! Oh well.... That game is hilarious that you play at Burlington. I always seem to find something cute there, never stumbled upon some leggings like that though! HaHA

Laurel Rasmussen said...

Okay, Lachelle:
Those shorts Leisha was wearing are RIDICULOUS. They were seriously terrible. But you know Leisha, anything she tries on looks good... and the shoes were not cute, trust me.
And Leah: When we all have to move out of this apt. all my roomates are going to Salt Lake, Ogden, and Alpine. I'm staying in Logan to keep residency. So I won't be able to go to El Passo with ya.. sorrrry.

Leisha The Great ;) said...

Laurel: hahah. i am awesome. I can't beleive you didn't post this earlier.. this is almost as classic as the "Gumby" drawings (p.s. i saw the most awesome Gumby tee at Urban Chic!

Lachelle: you didn't get a full view of the shorts!! my tank top was covering the top. But anyways, they went up to my belly button. They were rediculousss.

Leah: Hey, what're ya tryin to say!??! You don't want me anymore?! hah. Sorry i can't go till the tenth! I'll stay out later if you want, since we're goin to Texas, and i happen to very much like it there :)

larissa hotness said...

soo whats up everybody?

Laurel Rasmussen said...

hahaha larissa got a blog?!