I've never been so positive and optimistic about what my future holds, until now! My mom called me yesterday with good news! I applied for a 'Needs Based' scholarship, where I just wrote a couple of paragraphs on why I needed this scholarship, gave a list of references, and my goals. Seriously the whole application took about 15 minutes. I put a lot of thought into it, but it wasn't a big deal at all. Anyway, my mom called to say that I received some scholarship money from that specific scholarship. She asked me how much I thought I got, and I said, "Uhh, $2000?" (thinking that was pretty high..) She said, "How about $8,000!!"
WOW! Some might think that's not much, but that will pay for my first year tuition, out-of-state! I was so stressed about paying for school, I had no idea how I'd be able to afford out-of-state tuition, and I almost backed down. Talk about answered prayers! Once I'm eligible for in-state-tuition, I should receive enough grants to basically pay for the rest of my tuition during my sophomore, junior, and senior year. It's almost like going to school for free! Hopefully, that's how it all works out. I'm just glad the out-of-state tuition is taken care of! YYEAAAHHH!
Also, yesterday was the last Utah Jazz game of the season.. Bittersweet. I went over to my grandparents house to watch the game with them, and the Jazz were totally putting up a fight! They played so well! After half-time, the power went out, and we couldn't watch the rest of the game! I was SO mad! Today in the newspaper, I found out that they lost by like 12 points or something like that.. I know they lost because I wasn't able to cheer them on. They always win when I'm cheering loud, also when I sport my Korver Jersey they do really well too. DANG, why didn't I wear that last night?! Oh well, GO JAZZ, I wish you the best during the playoffs!
OH! And I am definitely going to get tickets to the Playoffs, if anyone wants to go with me, let me know! As of right now, it looks like I'll be cheering for my boyfriend alone..
3 comments:
Congrats on the scholarship. You really needed that, prayers answered! Hey, I would love to go to a Jazz game... too bad I am stuck here in El Pisso for the next 3 months! I will be cheering for them in the playoffs. Go Jazz!
Yahoo for free money!!! Can't get better than that!
And Leah, you're such a bandwagon Jazz fam ;)
Post a Comment