This week has been kind of crazy. Tuesday was my last day with Evan, and believe it or not, it was sad! When I left his house, I said, "We'll see ya later Evan!!" and he said, "Let's hope so!" SAD. Good thing he has Alzheimer's, so he's not going to be too distraught about me leaving, he won't even remember me the next day. But when I went to lunch with him that day, his daughter came with us too. I can't remember if I gave you a little background on Evan's family situation, but it's okay, I'll tell you twice. So Evan- totally loaded, right? He's got tons of land (6,000 acres I think?) Anyway, so once he started showing signs of Alzheimer's, 4 or his 6 kids totally went against him and wanted to put him in a nursing home so they could sell all his stuff and keep his money. It's all greed, and it's so sad. They don't even care about their dad, just about his money. If you want to read more about this, his daughter gave a more descriptive background here. Disclaimer: it's pretty long, so only read when you have time. Anyway his daughter Kathy was his main guardian. She lives in NYC so she can only make it to Utah once a month. She's one of the better kids, she helps her dad out whenever she comes down, and she's the one that had aides like me help him in his house. If it were up to his other kids they'd throw him in a nursing home so they could sell all his stuff and keep the money, like I said before. But with Kathy in charge, they couldn't. Anyway, long story short- Kathy gave up guardianship on Tuesday, which was my last day with Evan. She couldn't keep living the way she was. Her other siblings were harassing her and doing all that they could to get her to give up her position as Guardian. So she couldn't handle her siblings anymore and gave up. This means that they can do whatever they want to their dad. The first thing they'll do is put him in a nursing home, which means I would've lost my job. Can we say tender mercy!? I had a feeling I needed to find another job, and now I know why. This other part kind of scares me.. When I was talking to his daughter, she was telling me that they are going to have a hearing in court the 18th of August. She said she might need people to testify on Evan's behalf, and I might have to testify! I've never been in this kind of situation, and I don't want to get involved in this huge family crisis. But if it means that Evan will get the proper care, and won't be treated badly, then I'd gladly do it. It breaks my heart the things his kids did to him, and will continue to do when they take over.. Wish me luck if I have to go to court!
Also, I've been looking for some extra money. College fee's are due soon, and I've got nothin. I looked on craigslist today for some stupid ways to make money, and I certainly found the winner! This company just came out with this weight loss product, and they're looking for people to participate in their study. You get $1500 for a 3 week participation. Probably not healthy, probably a scam, but I replied to the add anyway! Haha! But seriously, making money and loosing weight at the same time?! Perfect, right? ....Yeah, almost too perfect. Definitely a scam.
I also started another way to make some money, this one is definitely NOT a scam. It's MELALEUCA! I gave my first presentation yesterday, and I'm getting enrollments too! Huzzzah, say hello to the youngest Corporate Director Melaleuca has ever seen! Haha, I'm pretty proud of myself.
I go to register for school next Wednesday! I reviewed my classes yesterday, and here's what my schedule looks like..
MWF- I have a Writing class at 7:30 am!! That's going to suck. But it lasts till 8:20, then after that I have a Psychology lab at 8:30. On the other side of campus! I'm going to have to book it to make it on time. But the lab is only on Monday's- so I only have to worry about that once a week. The lab ends at 10:30, I believe. Then at 11:30-12:20 I have an American History class, which I am so excited about. I love American History. And that's all the classes I have MWF. Sweeeet.
T&TH- At 1:30-2:45 I have Psychology 1010, also very excited about this one. Obviously because it's my major. And just on the first couple of Thursdays at 4:30 I have a connections class. Which gets you introduced to the school, and you do fun activities. I hear it's awesome!
There's a peek at my schedule, it might change when I talk to my academic advisor, not sure. But I am excited nonetheless.
I think that's about all of the excitement I have for this week. OH WAIT. There is a bonfire Saturday night with the ward. Totally excited about that! There are the cutest boys in my ward, and there's something about being outside, close to nature, that gets guys going. My roommate and I already have our game plan planned out carefully for that night. We're definitely going to score some hot dates! I'll let you know how it goes. :)
2 comments:
Um yeah, DON'T DO THE WEIGHT LOSS THING!!!! It's very dangerous to do studies like that. You're basically a guinuea pig. They test their products out on people, to see what the side effects are. And you sign your life away too, so that you can't sue them when things go wrong. So just a word from the wise, DON'T DO IT! There are other LEGIT ways to make moolah.
Anyhoos, college sounds like it will be exciting for ya! It will definately keep you busy, but I think you will love it! Just don't use your psychology on us...you'll find out how crazy we really are! ;)
Yay for bonfires! Ah, I miss those days!
Poor Evan, very sad story. Yeah for college classes! Sounds like a full schedule and you are going to be so busy! Good luck with all that. And good luck with the bonfire, hopefully your game plan works and you get some free meals soon :)
Post a Comment