I've been pretty busy these past couple of weeks, believe it or not! July 1st- I registered for school.. got that step out of the way! I have been studying super hard for a Math Placement test too. I was hoping to get into Math1010, so I wouldn't have to take the easier one. Math1010 is a pre-requisite for a statistics class I need to take for my major, so if I was in the easier math class I would've had to take that class and math 1010 before I could even start taking classes going toward my major. Well, all that studying payed off- cause I passed! I'm in Math 1010 baby. 4 days a week.. suuuck! So I think I'm at 16 credits for the fall semester. And I have to work at least part-time... Kind of over-whelming, but everyone else seems to do it!
Also, I've applied for a job at the Buckle. Ahhhh.. it's going to definitely take some self-discipline not to spend my paychecks on clothes/shoes! But, I don't even know if I got the job yet. I had a 'mini' interview yesterday, and she said she'd keep in touch within the next 48 hours. Can I just say, it was the weirdest interview I've ever had?! First of all, I went in a little early, so when she was with other people in the meeting room, I was totally okay to sit and wait. I was browsing through some clothes, VERY cute ones - might I add.. And she comes out and says, "Laurel?" So I go up and greet her. We're still chillin in the clothing section, I was thinking she was going to take me back into the meeting room. Nope. She asks me all these questions like, "Why do you think you would be a great asset to our team?" "Why not go back to work at Sizzler?" "What other jobs have you done?" Just short questions like that. I told her that I did want to work full time right now, and keep the job throughout the school year. So, I figured that was a good- employers usually want workers who want hours, right? I was kind of disappointed it was so short. I didn't have anytime to sell myself! But I thought it went really well. Hopefully I get the job, I need hours!
And the final update for the afternoon: Boys. Totally meeting lots of new guys everyday! Infact, during the 4th of July weekend, I woke up at 5 am just to make it in time to go to my ward! Let me tell you-- TOTALLY WORTH IT! My ward is filled with tons of cute RM's. And my roommate, Stephanie, is the Ward Prayer Coordinator, so I knew I'd be chosen to do the thought or prayer. So I did the thought on Sunday night. Met lots of other guys there. They invited us to watch a movie over at their place. Note to the wise: DO NOT SEE THE KNOWING. Sooo lame. But it was a fun night. Monday night Stephanie and I were just hanging out on our "partio" (we have this enormous balcony/patio in the back of our apt. We share it with the guys that live in our complex as well.) Anyway, we've lived here for like 2 months and barely even hang out with those guys next door. But they were outside when we went out. Hung out a little bit. Lit off some fire works. Lots of other guys came, it was great. Bubba who lives next door made some homemade ice cream too! Then we went over to their apt and watched a movie till like 2 am. (Don't worry mom.. nothing happened. haha) And tomorrow is Stephanie's birthday, so we're going to grill up some Hawaiian burgers and party it up! I'll definitely post pictures tomorrow. or the next day. Bubba is also going to hook us up with a big projector screen so we can watch a movie on our partio! So excited! I feel like the only thing I've done all week is watch movies.. But it's been so fun!
Stay tuned for: Stephanie's BIG Birthday Bash, My favorite places in Logan, and if I got the job!
4 comments:
Hey, at least you sold yourself more at your interview than Larissa did! example: "Do you like working with people?"
"Slightly."
HA HA! At least she didn't lie, I guess. Anyhoos, hopefully you got the job! That'd be awesome!
And your little partio sounds pretty legit! And guys are always down for free food. So keep on making that food and chillin on your partio and guys will be over all the time ;) And who's this Bubba kid??? Any romantic connection there? Eh????
Hahaha, no romantic connections. Pretty sure he's in love with my roommate, which is definitely okay cause they are so cute! I've got my eyes on someone else. ;)
Woman, you are crazy to get up at 5am to make it back to L town just to go to church! You better have gotten a date out of that one! Anyways, sounds like you are still loving your life and having so much fun meeting new peeps. Just don't get married and tied down yet, you are still young! Good luck with the job. Remember to be super annoying and totally in people's grill and never leave customers alone if you get the job. Buckle employees drive me crazy! Haha, but I really hope you get it, truly! :) love ya, see you in a few weeks xoxo
uhhhh yeah... i could have told you the "The Knowing" was quite possibly the GAYEST movie EVER!
That's a no brainer..
haaa.
good luck with your job at the buckle! Hopefully you'll get it..
and for the hotties.. well.. like i always say -- go get em' tiger!
Post a Comment