8.24.2009

College.. So far.

I officially started college today! Last week was just a class for freshman, and sort of like an introduction to college. I basically felt like I was in the 7th grade again, and they had tours around the school.. I wasn't a huge fan of this week long class, but it was an easy TWO credits, and I only have 3 more classes.. So I guess it was worth it.
Anyway, today at 7:30 in the morning, I had English. I love Utah State because they offer a FREE shuttle that takes you up to campus and by your class. I don't know if other universities offer that? They probably do, but I'm a big fan of this service, because I live quite a ways from campus and the walk is all uphill! Plus it was raining hard today, no thanks. So I took the bus to make my first class, and it wasn't really what I had expected.. It's too much like high school- let me explain..

-it's a little class.
-the people in my class are like 18, awesome.
-the teacher looks like she's 12, not really what i pictured a professor looking like
-and it's reallly easy, or at least i feel like it will be.

Then I went on the bus to go home for about an hour, so I could make myself some breakfast. I didn't have time before my first class to do that, so this hour break in between my next class is perfect for going home and making some breakfast. Then I caught the next bus to my next class.

My 2nd class of the day is my Psych lab. Good news!! He said we didn't have to show up to that class anymore during the semester! All of the assignments are posted on the internet, so as long as I email my assignments or submit them online, I don't need to show up to that class anymore. Perfect! More time to eat and get ready! Cause literally, I ROLL out of bed to make it to english.

Now, between my little breaks in between classes I'm just chillin in the Library. The place is incredible, definitely my home for the next semester. I love it here.

Welp! I'm off to my American History class, I feel like this will be a big one because it's in one of the bigger buildings. I will post later about my other two classes today. :)

I also met my actual roommate (the one sharing a bedroom with me) last night, and I feel like we could get along really well, which is good. my other roommate... uhhh not so much. :




UPDATE: So, I went to my American History class, and I feel like I'm going to enjoy it very much. It's a big class 150 students or so, and stadium seating. I like this part of college. More boys to scope out! Aaaaand there were tons of cute ones, might I add. Also, my math class was pretty good. My math teacher is border line good looking. I'm not going to say he's hot, because that's awkward.. but for a professor.. not bad! Minus he gave us homework on the first day of class, what a joke! Overall, college was kind of boring today, but I am loving it at the same time. This is going to be a good semester. I can't wait for the festivities to start! I'll definitely fill you in on that one!

1 comment:

Mark and Lachelle said...

Your mom goes to college! Ahhhh, that will never get old. Good to hear you enjoyed your first day of college! Just make sure you don't slack off on homework too much, becuase you're too busy scoping out the cute boys ;)