Anyway, Emily and I pledged to go to the gym at least 3 times a week. Not too much of a sacrifice considering we have a free gym available on campus, and we're on campus everyday.. We also pledged to stop being so lazy. When we get home from school we crash or watch TV. We're boring, but we're also worn out! Don't judge!
My lame boss cut my hours, so now I'm only working every other weekend. I figured out how much money I would lose, about $200/month. Which isn't too much, but when you're a struggling college student, every Penny counts! We're supposedly having a meeting on Friday to discuss hours, I will voice my opinion for sure. That's crap!
My dad's birthday was on the 15th. I balanced my schedule so I would be able to make it home that day and back in time for work. My plan worked out perfectly, except for one thing.. My dad wasn't even home!! He had to travel for work on his birthday! He had a good attitude about it, he's a good man! I love you dad, and grateful to have such an awesome dad to take care of me all the time! You're so sweet and always make sure I'm living comfortably. I'm so blessed to have a dad like you, who looks out for our best interest and always put others before yourself. I LOVE YOU DAD!
I've been really sick lately. Not with the swine flu, thank goodness, but I have a terrible cold. I've never been this sick over a cold before! I'm so grateful to have such an understanding roommate who feels bad for me when I'm up all night hacking out my lungs, when I feel bad for keeping her up! She's always saying, "Laurel, I feel so bad, what can I do for you? What can I get for you?" She's the bomb. Love you Em.
This month is full of birthdays! It was Kenny's birthday about a week ago. (Kenny is a guy that's in Kristin's house, and he just started hanging out here all the time, so we made him a little birthday dinner.) Let me just tell you how excited I was about making my contribution to the dinner..
So, I found this awesome recipe from Emeril. You can never go wrong with one of his recipes, they're always the bomb. It was for scalloped potatoes. The recipe called for 4 cups of cream. Well.. it was a Sunday, his dinner was spur of the moment, so we had to use what he had. I had no cream. And we all said that our dinner would be SOO good if we didn't break the sabbath to buy something. So, I didn't go buy cream. I used milk, Emily said it wouldn't make a huge difference. WRRRRRROOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGG. Also, forgot to mention, that Matt (a guy that lives below us) was home alone for the weekend, so we invited him to our dinner. He came up to tell us that he invited ALL of his roommates that came home later that night. So basically we're feeding about 10 people. With groceries that we have on hand. Anyway, back to the potatoes. So I let the milk and potatoes simmer, I cook it, and I taste it. I have NEVER in my life tasted something so disgusting. It tasted like burnt milk. Which, the milk probably did burn while it was simmering on the stove. I made like 10 servings, and had to throw it all out. I've never had a recipe go wrong, but then again- I followed the recipe. I improvised on this one.. bad mistake. But glad I didn't break the sabbath. Let's just say this guys didn't hear about my potato incident. That would definitely ruin my chances for getting dates.. haha
This weekend Emily and I were pretty bored. It was Maile's birthday, our other roommate, but her parents came up, and we didn't want to intrude on family time, so we made a spontaneous trip to Salt Lake. Let me just tell you how much I love Salt Lake. It's soo pretty, I seriously want to live there, or maybe I don't. Maybe I just love to visit? I haven't decided yet. But we went to the Cheesecake Factory, we were going to sit down and enjoy a nice slice of Cheesecake, but the wait was 2 hours- no lies. So we got it to go, and ate it at the mall. While walking inside, we're stopped by this lady. She says, "You girls are really cute, I like your style. We just got done with a High School Musical audition, and I would love for you girls to audition for something. Let me get your numbers." We exchanged numbers and she called the next day. I missed the call, and she left a message saying she wanted to set an appointment. I haven't called back yet.. Anyway that's basically all we did. We went walking around the mall a little bit and I got sucked into buying the cutest purse known to man. I couldn't help myself. I was JUST looking, but the oriental lady probably hasn't gotten a sale all day, so she's totally trying to sell me the purse. She talked me into it, and was jumping up and down and hugging me. This went on for about 3 minutes. I got myself a cute new purse, made her day, but was $50 poorer. I figured it was a nice birthday present to myself.
On our way home from Salt Lake, my sister texts me and tells me she's in the hospital waiting to have her baby! Bad timing!! If we were still in Salt Lake, and spent the night, Emily would have driven me to Provo to see the baby! But that didn't happen. And now I'm sick, so I can't see her baby for a while..
I'm pretty excited for my birthday. I will no longer be a teenager! And I'm also excited for the big Halloween Dance, The Howl! I'm dressing up as the Corpse Bride, I'm pretty stoked. I'll fill you in on Birthday Festivities.. But here are some pictures to enjoy.
Kristin, Maile, Me, and Emily on Maile's birthday.
I forgot to blog about how we went to Lava Hot Springs. It was fall break, and I got off of work early, so we made a quick trip up. We went through Grace, ID. So my roommates could see what an awesome little town it was.. haha
The hot pots are amazing.
Yummmy Cheesecake!

2 comments:
Yeah, that sucks your boss cut your hours. I'd definitely take that up with him! Show HIM who's boss!
And yes, if you cook milk like that...it burns. Hey, at least you didn't feed it to anyone ;)
Love that you're going to be a Corpse Bride for Halloween. Totally reminds me of Mean Girls when Lindsey Lohan shows up as the Corpse Bride and all the other girls are dressed up as skanks. Classic!!
You should call that lady back. That's what me and my friend did, when we were extras in that movie. It's an easy job. You basically just stand there, and you get paid $75 for the day. It's an easy way to earn a quick buck...which being a poor college student, you'd love! (FYI though, don't fall for anything where YOU have to pay them. If they're legit, they pay you, not the other way around.)
You and your roomies are too cute! That's awesome you have good roommates. Good roommates are the best! And you'll remain friends with them forever!
I'm sad that you were so close on Sunday and could have come see baby Camden. Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll get to see him soon ;) He can't wait to meet Auntie Laurel.
Oh, and if you move to SLC someday, you'll be closer to me! And I'd love that! I'm just sayin...
One last thing, HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow! No longer gonna be a teenager! Woo hoo!
You sound busy Laurel! Hope you had a Happy Birthday... look for my way exciting card in the mail!! And I love your hair in all those pics. It's way cute straight like that and the bangs I love!
I know you are overwhelmed with school and you are feeling defeated at this point but you just hang in there and it will get better. JD said that freshman year is hard you just gotta get through it. But you also have options... I would love to have a nanny and you could go to a school here too. Anyways, good luck with that!! Love ya!
Post a Comment