My family knows I've been pretty negative lately, and not very appreciative of things. Well.. I have changed. This past week I've taken a different view on life, and it's helped dramatically.
Last weekend my mom and brothers came to visit and I can't even describe how much I needed that. When my mom called me after my morning class and told me she was coming it was all I could do to stay calm! I wanted to jump for joy, or something embarrassing like that. I was so antsy all day waiting for them to come, and I'm so glad she was able to visit even if it was for a short time. It was totally worth it! I love you mom, thanks for coming. Thanks to Lerin and Layne who also came, you guys are awesome.
Also, I've been happier at my apartment. Before I was just kind of boring, unmotivated, and such a downer. I've had such an amazing week with my roommates, ahh I love them to death. I've seriously been in such a good mood that I think it's time for yet another "ten things that make me terribly happy."
1. being in a good mood all day
2. good company
3. the regina spektor station on pandora radio
4. $2 tanning on tuesday's and thursday's. (I'm not addicted, but I'm getting pretty tan..)
5. Driving to Salt Lake just to look at the lights at night, and Temple Square. I can't wait for the lights to come up
6. The fact that I can go home for 5 days for Thanksgiving Break, and I think 2 weeks for Chirstmas Break.
7. Blasting LFO and busting out their gangster dance moves in the hallway. (Click here and you'll know what I'm talking about. They don't even dance, they just move their arms around and squat. It's hilarious.)
8. Watching the Jazz games with my grandparents, or just hanging out at their house. ( I know this was on my last list, but it truly makes me terribly happy.)
9. Playing Parkour. (Click here and you'll know what I'm talking about.)
10. Working hard at the gym and feeling the pain the day after. Makes me feel like I've accomplished something.
Ahh, well it's snowing outside. I don't really like the snow. But I can now enjoy it as I bundle up in a warm blanket, watch a movie, and eat some awesome mashed potatoes that I just made.
*Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for hooking me up with that bag of potatoes! You guys take such good care of me. :)
1 comment:
Parkour! Parkour! I can't wait to see your Parkour video posted on youtube one of these days :) Classic!
Glad you doing much better! Having a positive attitude definitely makes your days a lot better. And playing Parkour would make anyone's day totally awesome!
And LFO...wow. Haven't heard that song in ages! Also a classic.
Post a Comment