11.30.2009

Attutude of Grattitude

“Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” –Brian Tracy

I'm thankful for so many things I can't even begin to type them all down. Every night I say a "gratitude" prayer and try not to ask for anything, but to just thank Heavenly Father for everything. It makes me really think about what I'm grateful for, and helps me to reflect during the day of the many things that I might take for granted, but am really thankful for.

-The opportunity I have to be here at Utah State, furthering my education.
-My wonderful family who sticks together through thick or thin.
-My friends who have been such great examples for me.
-The gospel, my testimony, and especially the knowledge I have of The Plan of Salvation.
-The fact that the Temple is 5 minutes away.. if even that.
-My loving grandparents who take such good care of me. I'm so grateful to live so close by.
-My job, where even though I don't get the hours that I want, I'm still making money.
-My car.. and the fact that it runs properly.
-My body, my senses. I'm so grateful that I am able to see, hear, taste, and feel.
-My health
-Personal Revelation, and the Prophet who receives revelation from God in our behalf.
-My awesome Institute teacher. Brother Hunsaker is the bomb.
-Missionaries (my brother is soon to be one, too!)

This is just a short list of the MANY wonderful things I'm grateful for..
Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving.. I know I sure did. :)

3 comments:

Mark and Lachelle said...

Ahhhhhhhhh, such a cute post sis! We are truly blessed and have so much to be thankful for! I am thankful to have such a wonderful family :)

Leah said...

It's always nice to sit back and really think about what we are thankful for... it puts everything back into perspective! I like your list.

Amanda said...

I HAD NO IDEA YoU HAD A BLOG!. HA AH. I'm so glad i've found it. :)