And I really like his new song, "Haven't Met You Yet."
It's basically how I feel in a nutshell, I'm glad someone put it into words for me.
So hats off to you, Michael. Your song is my new current obsession.
& here are the lyrics for your convenience.. :]
I'm not surprised,
Not everything lasts,
I've broken my heart so many times I stopped keeping track.
Talk myself in, I talk myself out, I get all worked up, Then I let myself down
I tried so very hard not to loose it;
I came up with a million excuses,
I thought I thought of every possibility
And I know some day that it’ll all turn out,
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out,
And I promise you kid that I give so much more than I get~
mmm.......I just haven't met you yet.
I might have to wait,
I’ll never give up,
I guess it's half timin', and the other half's luck.
Wherever you are,Whenever it's right,
You'll come outta nowhere and into my life.
And I know that we can be so amazin',
And baby your love is gonna change me,
And now I can see every possibility, mmmmmm....
Somehow I know that it’ll all turn out,
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out,
And promise you kid, I'll give so much more than I get,
mmmm....I just haven't met you yet.
They say all’s fair in love and war
But I won’t need to fight it,
we'll get it right and we'll be united
and I know that we can be so amazin'
And bein' in your life is gonna change me,
And now I can see every single possibility, mmmmmm
And someday I know it'll all turn out,
And I'll work to work it out,
Promise you kid I’ll give more than I get
Than I get, than I get, than I get.
Oh, you know it'll all turn out,
Oh, you know it'll all turn out,
and you'll make me work so we can work to work it out,
And promise you kid to give so much more than I get,
yeah I just haven't met you yet.
I just haven't met you yet,
Oh, promise you kid,
To give so much more than I get.
I said love love love love love love love.....
I just haven't met you yet
Love love love .....So doy day ay ay ay, ay ay yeah
I just haven't met you yet!
-Even though basically all of my friends are married/engaged/dating I'm not worried. I know my time will come, whenever that may be. But as for right now.. I'm having fun. I'm in a good place with good people, and I have the sweetest roommates. I have all this time to strengthen my testimony, and grow closer to the Lord. I have my whole life ahead of me to get married. But if the opportunity does come up faster than expected.. I won't complain. :]
****************************
Also, I have another 'Current Obsession':
My roommate Emily and I made dinner tonight and it was delish. I made tortilla soup, which was okay.. it was store bought and not the homemade kind that my mom makes, so it didn't really compare.. but Emily made Bubble Bread. Basically cinnamon rolls in a different form. Anyway, it was absolutely amazing! Thank you Emily for introducing me to a little slice of Heaven!
Smells delicious!
Well, it's kind of late, and I've got to get reading my scriptures before I fall asleep. One of my New Years Resolutions is to read everyday and I've done pretty well so far! Hopefully by doing this, the Lord will help me ace my classes this semester! Huzzah!
4 comments:
K, well now i'm obsessed with that video...and michael. And i'm glad you liked the bubble bread, don't discredit the soup though! It was freaking good!
Oh Laurel, you are so young... don't get married yet. It ain't all that!! JK, but seriously it will come. The lad who snatched you up is going to be one lucky son of a gun ;) And I can smell that bread through the computer! It looks good, good you snag the recipe for me?
Soooo I am gonna book your flight tonight, I hope you aren't backin out?! Cuz soon as that flight confirmation comes through, you are pretty much committed and no turning back!! ;)
Wow, I must be high, there's a lot of typos in that comment! But I'm sure you were able to catch my drift.
Leah...when you gonna book my flight?? Eh eh??
Anyhoos Laurel, I agree with Leah. You are so young! Just enjoy the single life! It's so much fun! That lucky guy will snatch you up when it's time! And he will be one lucky guy! Especially if you cook him tortilla soup and bubble bread ;) Boo yah!
Love ya sis!
Post a Comment