3.27.2010

1-800-Get-Lost

When I was in the 6th grade, I had this T-shirt that I thought was the bomb. I would seriously wear it twice a week and sometimes to bed. It was red, had a square neck, and it read "want my number? Call 1-800-Get-Lost!" So just in case a boy asked for my number, I wouldn't even have to respond, I would just have to make a small gesture and point down at my shirt where those words were. But no boys asked for my number anyway, which was a bummer. But I was just thinking about how lame I was back then, if I honestly thought I was cool wearing that, there must have been something wrong with me. When I go and look back on my previous journal entries, it's confirmed that I was; in fact, a geek. (And my transition coke-bottle glasses to sunglasses didn't really help my image either). I bring this up because I don't want to be in my thirties and looking back on these times and saying, "What was I thinking?" or "How did I have friends?" or "Did I really wear that?" Cause I'd like to think that I'm pretty cool right now.. But then again, I thought I was the shiz in the 6th grade...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't want to make a whole new post, so I'll just add to this entry.

Yesterday my roommate, Maile, got married! Her and her husband are so fetching cute together it's ridiculous. They are going to have some adorable little babies. They looked so happy together, and I noticed her husband specifically. He was just gleaming and every time he would look at Maile, I could tell he was so in love. That's cute.
Anyway, her reception was beautiful! It was one of the better receptions I have ever been to. Emily wrote a song for Maile and Mitch and sang it at the luncheon and reception, she did an awesome job. I wish I would have recorded it! But congrats to Maile and Mitch, and have a freaking awesome time in North Carolina! I'm going to miss you so much! (Pictures following shortly)
*See the happy couple here.

P.S. I caught the bouquet.. You know what that means..!

5 comments:

Leah said...

They really are a cute couple. Good job on catching the bouquet... looks like you can forget about the mish!! lol

Yeah I remember how cool I thought I was in my younger years... me and Chelle had this shirt that had a domino's logo on it and it said "Duh, get it in 30 min. or less!" Yes, it was so retarded yet me and Chelle would fight over who got to wear it all the time. Personally I think it looked better on Chelle and her fiery redish burgandy hair and freckles!!! Hahahahaha! (I'm just waiting for her to fire back about all my cuteness at that age ;)

Mark and Lachelle said...

Ha ha! I was just about to comment on my stupid Dominos shirt! But I see Leah beat me to it!
Which by the way Leah, it was MY shirt. I remember you taking a special interest in it when I showed it to you. I think I liked the shirt so much, because it got me attention.....which was probably the LAST thing I needed, considering my fiery red hair and freckles! Ha ha!
I remember specifically wearing it to Lagoon, so I could get attention. Please tell me I'm not that big of a loser anymore.

Leah said...

Wow, chelle! That's why you wore it to Lagoon?! To get attention?! Hahaha! I hate looking back at pics from that time in my life. Although it does provide some good laughs, it's also a little sad. Why didn't anyone tell me that my headgear was NOT cool to wear outside while playing basketball? I know I had a crush on the next door neighbor at the time and was I thinking that my headgear was gonna get his attention?! You might have had the freckles and fiery red hair but I had the chicken legs and WHITE as freaking snow mushroom cut! Ugly duckling much?! Haha!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Leah, you wore your headgear to play basketball at HOME......I wore my hot pink headgear to school for 2 weeks. I win.

Leah said...

Wow! You DO win... what losers!! How did we snag such rico suave' men?!! Hahaha! (we obviously didn't let them see the family photo album BEFORE we married them!)