8.01.2010

GNO

One of my favorite things about being single is being able to have a GNO whenever I want! I don't have to ask the hubbs for permission to leave his side for the night, and I'm free to mingle/flirt without everlasting consequences.. it's the best!
Well, since I've been in Oklahoma, my sister lets me tag along to all of her GNO's. On Friday we hit up Cheesecake Factory to celebrate National Cheesecake day.. all cheesecake's half off. My herb-crusted salmon was completed with a big ole' slice of White Chocolate Carmel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake, that I shared with my sister. Jealous much? Then we hit up Bricktown (Down town OKC) for some dancing! So much fun! Makes me miss college a lot. Ran into some crazies, "Hey! Be nice to my friends, it's their first time in America!" or "Pretend like I'm one of the girls just dancing in your circle." And while walking back to the car, "You know what's wrong with this picture? A bunch of smokin hot women, with no guys. I'm serious, (as he points to every girl) you're smokin hot, smokin hot, smokin hot,etc.. "Although, he did emphasise smokin hot when he pointed to Leah. "SMOOOOOOOKIN HOT!" haha, I had to laugh. So, all in all, Friday night was a huge success. Big thanks to my sis Leah for allowing me to tag along with her and all the other married women! Makes me feel so grown up!
Speaking of grown up.. what's with all of my nieces and nephews thinking I need to settle down and get married?!
i.e.
"Laurel how old are you?"
"20!"
"Why aren't you married then?"- Avery
or
"Laurel, when are you going to have kids?"
"When I get married."
"Well, hurry and get married then!" -Sheldon
or
"Hey Laurel, Greg's single, maybe you can marry him?" -Jace

WOAH hold up kids! Let me live my life, let me have my GNO's, let me have fun! Why settle down now?! Sheesh. :)

*for the audience that may have been confused throughout this whole post; GNO= girls night out.

2 comments:

Leah said...

K, you hear that laughing out in the other room?? Yup, that's me cracking up at your post!! Haha! Love it!! Jace's comment is hilarious! So glad you could come out with us and you don't mind hanging out with such an old maid ;) I've had so much fun with you out here. I'm really gonna miss you and your company and ALL YOUR HELP!! Love ya!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Ha ha!! Love that our nieces and nephews are trying to be matchmaker!! Classic!!
Gotta love GNO's!! I'm still laughing at all the comments you guys get when you guys go out! Y'all are SMOKING HOT!! :)