3.10.2009

Running low on trash bags and boys.

Haha Cait and I are so funny.
Yesterday was considered a "Snow Day" for Caitlin because she couldn't get her car out of the parking garage, so she had to call into work and tell them she wouldn't be able to make it. So we decided to have a snow day! Watch movies, drink hot chocolate, and eat junk food! Since none of our cars could make it through the snow, we walked to the gas station right down the street. No lies, the snow came up above my knees, and I had some crappy boots on, so my feet were so wet and frozen when we returned. ANYWAY, not the point. So after we get our stuff at the gas station, Caitlin comes up with this genius plan to go over to the apartment complex that was right by the gas station and knock on every door to see if they had any trash bags... (We ran out, and the trash was pretty full. ) Also, there's this CUTE boy who told me the other day he lived here. Mostly we were just knocking on every door to find HIM. Oh, and P.S. I found out that he goes to the same church building as we do. I saw him at church last week. :)
No luck. We seriously knocked on every door on the first floor and nobody was there. I guess everyone in this town left for Spring Break.. So we'll make another run over to those apartments shortly! Hopefully I'll see him at church next week, and pass digits or something!
Also, Layne came to visit on his way home. He's been really helpful for me in getting into school and such. He's also helping me set up a bank account today! So we hung out with Layne, made the most amazing brownies known to man, and watched Space Jam. Gooood times!

Here are some pictures of my new room! It's not much, but I love it! I don't have to share a room, and I get my own bathroom. Pretty nice!


My cute new bedding.


Haha, my 'make-shift' TV stand!



And my Cute new Bathroom!

My bookshelf. Obviously I don't have any school books, so I decorated with pictures!
My desk.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never thought I'd hear the day anyone said, "Layne helped them set up a bank account." Ha ha! Just kiddin bro! But how is it you are 18...and have never had a banking account?? Annnyway, good to hear you had some delicious brownies on your "snow day!" Mmmm, I love brownies. Did you melt marshmallows, and frosting on them, like moms? And cute little apt, by the way. All I have to say is...I can't wait to get our of our apt. Curse the loud neighbors! Boo!

Laurel Rasmussen said...

Okay Chelle, first I'm 19, not 18. and I have had a bank account before, mom just basically set it up, so Layne said he'd help a sister out.
Also, we didn't put marshmallows on our brownies, we put reeces in them! They were awesome!

Leah said...

K, totally craving some brownies right now!! Give me the recipe please! And what a cute little apt. room, gotta love the little makeshift tv stand... oh the memories! Glad you are enjoying it there, even if it's still snowing.. hee hee!

Whit K said...

I love reading your posts they always make me laugh! And speaking of brownies...I made some the other day trying to do the brownies and frosting on top and it just turned into a big mess and my husband kept asking what in the heck I was trying to make! Basically you should give me the recipe! ha ha

Laurel Rasmussen said...

Haha we just made brownies from a box! It came with little reeces chunks in them, and we scattered more bits of goodness over the top. So easy, but so good! :)

Allie said...

your room and bathroom are way cute!
i'm jealous...my room was cute before i moved home! now it's a big freakin mess....
haha.
i'm excited to come party.
:]