8.30.2009

Let the Festivities Begin!

So, now that school has officially started means that there are many activities going on! Week of Welcome has been so much fun, and I thought I was already having the time of my life! Just goes to show how much better college is! Here are some activites I participated in this week..

*Day on the Quad- The quad is just a grassy area on campus, where a lot of the dances are, and a fun place to chill. They had a live band, all these kiosks set up for you to join clubs and what not, it was fun to interact with lots of people. Plus the weather was amazing, so it was nice to hang outside.
*BINGO night- Layne came to visit on his way back from DC, so we went to BINGO along with Kelli. Can I just say that I think college kids get a little more into it than senior citizens at bingo night! haha, it was hilarious to say the least. I wanted to win soo bad, but I never have good luck. Lucky for me though, Kelli won a prize in which I can partake of too! She won a a free catering service from Cafe Sabor for 6 people. They deliver to your apt too! So we're definitely goin to have a party with that one! I'll let you know.. I was so close to winning a cute bike too, kinda glad I didn't though.. Let me explain. So when they had like 2 or 3 winners, you would have to do something terribly embarrassing. EX: 1- 2 people had to sing a song on someones IPOD, nobody could hear the music but them, and you had to belt out the song into the microphone to win the prize.. No thanks! EX: 2- Kelli had to make up a rap on the spot to win her prize.. also, no thanks. Haha I would've never been able to do anything like that, and especially in front of 1,000 people!

*80's dance!! - Ahhh USU's best dance of the year.. or so I'm told. This seriously put the icing on the cake. SOO fun. I missed the Foam dance a couple nights before, so I really wanted to make the most out of this dance. I found a cute shirt at the D.I. that said "I <3 Adam!" I thought this would go along with my 80's theme, it's been a while since I've seen and I LOVE ____ shirt! haha. But seriously, the best dance I've ever been to, and I never ONCE had to move away from nasty boys wanting some one-on-one action.. Logan is so much better now that college has started! I'll keep you posted! Here are some sweet pictures from the dance.



Just me, in the most awakward position ever. Notice the trendy green carpet! Nice!
The new Roommates, and Mandy. Who basically should be our roommie
"Make a Kiss Face!" (kiss like the band, not the action.. we had
to take this picture twice, because we all thought he wanted us
to pucker up! haha we're such girls.
Action Shot! Sweet!
Haha sweet face Laurel! I just love Maile chillin on the ground,
thuggin it.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Geez Laurel, all play and no work is what it looks like to me! Haha, looks like you are having time of your life ;)

Mark and Lachelle said...

Livin it up in Logan! Woo hoo little sis! I'm quite jealous of the 80's dance. Gotta love the 80's! Although, I think you're hair totally could have been bigger!