I deem this title very appropriate, as this post is dedicated to dancing. I know, Laurel and dancing doesn't really mesh, but I'm mostly just making fun of myself and my un-coordination. Enjoy.
So, being the push over that I sometimes can be, my roommates suckered me into taking a western swing class. HA! What a joke! Mostly, I just wanted to learn some new moves to impress the opposite sex. You see, I was asked on a date once where we went SALSA dancing, and I sucked it up.. obviously. So the guy asked this other chick to dance the whole time, leaving me stranded standing in the corner alone. Slap in the face x 10. So ever since then, I have made a goal to become a better dancer, and that is no easy task.
While enrolled in this dance class, I have greatly improved. Except for last time when we learned the Cha Cha. I don't know what it is about dancing, but I cannot for the life of me dance with the beat. I'm more uncoordinated than a toddler first learning how to walk, just to give you a visual. Anyway, the guy I was Cha Cha-ing with was very patient with me as I was stumbling the whole time. I thought for sure he'd never want to dance with me again! Haha. But as the class was ending he comes up to me and says, "What are you doing Friday?" To which I respond, "Nothing." "You wanna go out?" How funny, one guy ditched me because of my terrible dancing skills, but the other wants to go out with me because of my terrible dancing skills. (Or maybe it was because of my charming personalaty? :] ) I laughed at the irony anyway. Ha Ha Ha.
Also, my dance instructor (who is really cute by the way, and not too much older than I) came and sat on the couch next to me while I was chilling in Institute today, just to talk. We had a heartfelt convo for about 30 minutes, then he left for class. But he also saw first hand how terrible I was at the Cha Cha. But that didn't stop him from making my day.
Moral of the story- You don't have to be good at dancing to get guys. You just don't. The guy that ditched me apparently didn't catch on to this memo. He'll regret his selfish actions and want me back soon after I become pro at the Western Swing. Toooo bad, cause I'll ditch his sorry arse right back!
*Side note- I have a mad craving for some lemon bars.
3 comments:
I love you girl!! I feel like western swing is where it's at. I should probably look into that. Way to snag some cute boys!
Oh, and if you are needing some lemon bars, I'd suggest going to sweetly divine (next to spoon me). He usually makes them and they are delicious!!!
Dude, I can't believe that guy asked you out, then ditched you and danced with someone else! What a douche though, seriously.
And yay for new boy asking you out! I like him! I also like this dancing instructor. They don't sound douchey. And hey, if it makes you feel any better, I SUCK at country dancing! It's all good though, the only kind of dancing that guys care about, is pole dancing! How do you think I landed Mark? Boo yah! :)
What Laurel failed to mention is that the guy who also ditched her, took her out to eat at McDonald's right before that!! Talk about dream date, right Laurel?!! That's a funny story, one to tell the grandkiddies ;)
And girl, you totally don't need to know how to dance to get a guy... just a rockin' personality like yourself! And big boobs doesn't hurt... did I just say that?!! xoxoxo
Post a Comment