- He takes such good care of me. He helped with college applications and gave me lots of encouragement. That meant the world to me.
- He would always come visit me in Logan. I loved having him there to hang out with me.
- He would always send me thoughtful texts or facebook messages. I saved every one of them.
- He doesn't care what people think of him.
- He's such a goof ball. It's easy to forget all of your problems when you're around him.
- He's makes about 20 new friends every day.
- He's very smart.
- He may not think it, but I think he's a great speaker and I love hearing him bear his testimony.
- He's good at everything he does.
- He's the life of the party.
Layne and I weren't close at all growing up. We just didn't have much in common, and it was hard for us to get along. After we got over the fact that we were complete opposites, we became best friends. It was hard seeing him leave for 2 years because we were so close. I would miss our late night talks,and his spur of the moment visits to Logan. But I know that his descision to serve a mission will be the best descision he has made thus far. Since he's been on his mission, I have felt closer to him than before. He is such an amazing example, and I love hearing from him every week. I wake up every monday morning at 2 am just to read his emails. That's the perfect way to start off my week, is hearing from him. I can't wait for him to return with HONOR in 1 year and 8 months.

Layne in a nutshell.

Still his goofy self, even on the mish.
By the way.. If any single ladies are reading this- My brother will be available in a little over a year and a half. Although, I will have to approve. ;)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAYNER!
I might just have to print this off and send this to him..
3 comments:
And not to mention 5 other sisters will have to approve too!! What a sweet post dedicated to your bro Laurel! You should print this off, it would mean a lot to him!
That's right! We all have to approve! And it isn't going to be easy to impress all his sisters!
I agree with Leah, you need to print this off and send it to him! He would love it :)
Gotta love Layners! He really is the life of the party (other than myself, of course.) And he doesn't care about what other people think about him. And who else can pull off a mullet, and a mug on the front porch. Happy Birthday Layners!
hahaha love me some layner!I love reading his e-mails and happy he's doing well! Love your blog Laurel!Can't wait to be roomies :)
Post a Comment