(I thought I published this one, but I guess I never did.. This was when I was nannying over the summer.)
I love being around little kids, they are so funny and don't even mean to be. I've probably laughed more in these three weeks that I've been nannying than this whole year.. They're great. My neice, Avery, is so cute. She's in the whole "Boyfriend, kissing, fairytales, Prince Charming stage." Last week we drove out to Texas to meet with my sister's husband so we could all celebrate her little one's birthday. Anyway, her husband (JD) lives with 3 other guys, so we all crashed with JD and the three other guys for a week. Well, there was this guy living there that was actually pretty attractive. Avery had a little crush on him.
I was sitting on the couch with her and she comes and whispers in my ear:
"Laurel, I've got a secret.."
"What?!"
"There's three guys sitting at that table." (haha, really Avery?!)
"Do you have a crush on them?"
Avery blushes and goes into shy mode, which is rare.
"Yes.."
"Is it TRAVIS!?"
"Shhh! I don't want him to hear."
"Do you want me to ask Travis if he likes you?"
"Yes! But not yet, let me hide."
Avery hides behind the couch and gives me the 'thumbs up' cue.
"He's talking to the other guys right now, I don't want to inturrupt them."
"Just say, "Excuse me! I need to talk to you!"
I never found out if Travis liked Avery or not. Maybe in a couple of years though, Ave.
No comments:
Post a Comment