if something is too good to be true.. it usually is.
.. on that note: that job is a no-go.
turns out, the whole thing was a fake.
i called my mom [bawling] telling her the whole thing was a fraud, and that i had no job.
i spent most of my money on things i didn't need, because i was expecting a $300 check that week.
i didn't go down to logan to look for jobs, because he made it certain to me that i got the 'job'.
now i'm sure that all the employers have already hired who they want.
i still have no job.
no money.
and $1500 i need for housing when i move down.. in one week.
when this all went down, i couldn't help but to be so angry.
i thought, "why does nothing ever go my way?" "why, why why.."
then my mom said, "just be grateful that you found out before it was too late."
who knows what would have happened, had i met my so-called employer.
i don't know what he was up to, or what his motives were, but it ended at that.
you can't trust anyone through the internet.
if anything, this whole experience just opened up my eyes, and made me realize that scary things could happen over the internet.
i listened to what my mom said and i am so grateful that i didn't go to logan with hopes of a great job, show up to my first day of work to find out there is no little boy, or wife, and maybe not make it home. i don't care to know what would have happened to me. but i'm so grateful it ended there.
on a slightly different note: how do i make my blog private?
7 comments:
So sorry to hear that... :(
Just head to your dashboard, click on SETTINGS just underneath the title of your blog.
Then on the right, click on the link that says PERMISSIONS.
On that page you can choose that only people you invite can read your blog. By using their e-mail addresses.
It really is so hard when things like that happen! Like you said, though, it's another experience that has allowed you to become more cautious when it comes to things like that. Everything will fall into place!
Laurel! that is so so so terrible. what a jerk. BUT i am glad that you didn't have to find out the hard way and get hurt!
i hope you find a new job soon! :)
What?!! How have I not heard about this till now?! That's sucks! I'm sorry sis! But I'm glad that you found out it was a scam before something bad happened. I can't believe that!
Don't worry, we'll be praying for ya and you'll find a job!
That's the joys about college. Being poor; and eating ramen noodles. Gotta love it ;) Love ya sis!
Sizzzzzzzzlllllleeeeerrrrr!!! I'm telling ya, you need to just work there. It'd be a fun college job!
Sorry things didn't work out. Although once I found out that you got hired over the internet for a nanny position, it was a red flag for me. That's actually the reason I was calling mom today. I wanted you to be very cautious when you went over their for the first time. SO glad it ended the way it did. Don't be bummed, there is going to be another job with you name on it!
Ssssssiiiiizzzzlllleeeerrrrr!
Oh my gosh! That is scary. I'm sorry you had to go through that, however it was a lesson learned. Sadly, the hard way.
Amanda
Oh my gosh! That is scary. I'm sorry you had to go through that, however it was a lesson learned. Sadly, the hard way.
Amanda
Post a Comment